I love mythology. In the equivalent of junior high we had to take one fiction and one non-fiction book out of the library each week. When I realized “mythology” was classified as non-fiction I proceeded to take out two “story” books each week and pat myself on the back for beating the system. And those stories were good…
- Greek and Roman gods with all their inter-relationships
- Babylonian legends, older but just as fun
- Norse sagas with their long-running histories
- Native American tales
- Stories of Hindu gods and goddesses…
- The three kings, or an unspecified number of wise men?
- The dank dark stable, or the stable area of a house of hospitable relatives?
- Paul doesn’t respect women, even though he frequently mentions them having authority?
- And then there’s those urban internet myths; the girl who goes to the store to buy a miracle and meets a neurosurgeon...